Wednesday 6 July 2011

IF I HAD ONE SUITCASE FOR THE ROAD...IT WOULD NEVER BE ENOUGH





Hi if you have gotten this far you must be interested in some way. If you know me great if not you can still hang around. I'm old enough now to feel the need to put some of the going's on in my life down for posterity so voila a blog, an online diary, and all that rubbish. So here you are a small shot into some of the essentials of my life being a creative person the baggage has added up over the years both physical and emotional.

: a journal :
It all started out with writing poetry from day one not  a single idea has come from anything other than the feeling  of such a strong force directing me to a blank page and the need to cover it all with the beautiful words in the English language, so in the suitcase you see item number one.

: a guitar :
The journal and the words led me to the second item a way to tie everything together and from a young age the guitar has always been the instrument I knew I wanted to play and when I picked up my first one I quickly forget the songs of others and began everyday writing my own.

: a microphone:
The idea of singing is horrible and terrifying when you don't have a voice that people understand but the feeling I get when I do sing makes it all worth while and if your going to write beautiful words and beautiful songs your going to have to sacrifice something on the altar and open your mouth to tell your story.

So now you can see the road has been a long one and it won't get any shorter when your trying to leave your thumbprint on the hearts of people with words, songs, poetry or any art form so long as you know your an artist at heart and what does an artist do he/she creates art regardless of what shape the canvas takes.

Needless to say in the next few years on the road I'm going to need more room in my suitcase, in my head, and in my heart.

C.H.W.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...